1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's for supper tonight?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

They basically ordered your dinner for you then. You want the lasagna? I'm sorry, you're getting the chicken. Meatball sub? Nah. You'll have the chicken.

2. In East Texas, there's a grocery store chain that has some of the best General Tso's on this planet. Man, it's so good.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

So it will be... chicken then?

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

they may have retaliated against my snark.

me: you don't have any more lasagna?

them: no.

me: an italian place doesn't have lasagna? that is like an ice cream store having no ice cream. i don't believe you.

them: we're out of lasagna.

me: give me a goddamn meatball sub then.

them: thank you.

5. Tommy_Dreamer

Now are you sure it was chicken? :D

And as for me tonight I just had a Homewrecker chicken burrito from Moe's Southwest Grill. A bit overrated but good. The "competition" for them in Augusta, Ga., blew them away. If you ever get to eat at a Barberitos, do it. Great stuff. Same concept, better food. At least for my money.

The only thing you have to worry about in those places though is if one of the hotter ingredients slips into the basin of an ingredient you want. In both places I bot a bit of fire from an unexpected jalepeno chunk. But, it was almost like a palatte cleanser. Just hope it doesn't burn as much later :D

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I'm not sure what I want. Every place around here has been done by me. I need to be like Oz and just bring in sandwiches.

Til then, I just might order pizza or something.

7. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oooh, Barberitos. Went there a few times in Athens, T_D (where, I think, the chain actually started.) Great burritos. Blows Moe's out of the water.

Although, as I recall, Qdoba was my favorite burrito place in Athens for a while. That was before I'd ever heard of Chipotle, though. Or Barberitos, for that matter.

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Glad someone remembers Barberitos. And yes, i think Athens is the birthplace of that chain so it's only natural that Augusta has two now. The one time I was in Athens I went to this steak place along the main downtown area. Can't remember what it was called but damn that steak was good. This was back in 2000.

9. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Chipotle is the best burrito chain I've been to.

As for tonight, headed out with my parents to some new restaurant I've never been to, so we'll see. Should be good though.

10. Tommy_Dreamer

What kind of food? Mex? Italian? Chinese? New American? ??? DETAILS DAMMIT! :D

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

My wife and son were out, so I made Manwich with ground turkey for my 3 year old. My wife hates it, especially because I add so many different spices, but my daughter loved it and asked for seconds. Her last Hanukkah present just got bumped up a notch.

12. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Well, I honestly didn't know until we got there. Ended up being a little fancier than I thought it would be, but it had pretty good food. I went with crab cakes which enjoyed, but by the end I was tired of them.

It was weird but good overall.

Draft saved Draft deleted