1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Single Worst Call You've Ever Seen?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by 3OctaveFart, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Twin referees costing Hulk Hogan the WWF World Championship in 1988.

Yeah, yeah, I know, it's not a sport. But just think, of all the crazy things in pro wrestling, how nutty was it to have twin referees?

2. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

I'm surprised the 2002 figure skating fiasco hasn't been mentioned.

Edit: Dixiehack beat me to it.

3. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I think we're limiting it to sports. If it's entertainment, I'll go with Shakespeare In Love over Saving Private Ryan for best picture.

4. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

And Hickory High had a moving screen on Jimmy Chitwood's game-winning jumper that went uncalled.

5. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Rudy was offside.

6. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

I can't believe these whiny South Bend Central fans are still crying about that game. I swear they're worse than Red Sox fans.

7. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

Gotta love golf. Rarely do officials get in the way of winning or losing. About the only way an official can mess things up is to wrongly assess a penalty stroke. And that doesn't happen too often.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Really? The officials on the course can miss something but some idiot on his couch can call in and get a guy DQ'd.

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It's happened many more times than once on the Tour over the years, Huggy.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I know, that's my point. It's ridiculous that is allowed to happen. Imagine if some shitfaced Packers fan was allowed to call in and protest that call last night!

11. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

1988 NBA final, game 7. Yeah I know it's magic Johnson but you still have to call a foul on him when he MUGS a player attempting a game-tieing three at the buzzer.
    I remember screaming at the TV at the time and my dad calmly saying I only thought it was a foul because I was a pistons fan and that clouded my judgement (plus I was 10 at the time). I went back and found it on youtube a few years ago. I was definitely a foul.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Jake Taylor was out at first.

Draft saved Draft deleted