1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Wordle?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lakefront, Jan 20, 2022.

1. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

So, who is playing this awesome game? I just discovered it this week. 4 for 4 so far. This is what it looks like...

It's a daily word game, you guess the five letter word in 6 tries. Everyone in the world gets the same word and it is just one a day. I think that is the best part because people have to stop at just one electronic stimulation. Something new to many, I would assume. You can post your daily game to show how many tries you needed and it only shows the blocks. It also has an incredibly simple page. Nothing flashy. The only negative I see is if everyone in my facebook feed posts their results everyday, that would get old after a while. So type wordle in your browser and enjoy!

What is Wordle? Everything you need to know about the free word game all your friends are playing

2. lakefront

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I’ve been playing a few weeks (24 game today). Fun 3 minute distraction while having my coffee. Not posting my results on Twitter like every political/sports/entertainment journalist or on Facebook like everyone over the age of 45 is apparently required to do.

Have solved it every day within 6 — got 2 once and 6 once.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Two guesses today. I guess I find it too easy.

5. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I got it in two tries today, the first time that's happened. Am 16 for 16 overall, only had to go to six guesses twice. I really enjoy it. It's a nice little five-minute diversion to get the brain going in the morning.

lakefront likes this.
  6. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Great little game, and one a day is perfect. But if you post your score on social media you should be blocked from the game for 48 hours.

7. clintrichardson

clintrichardson Active Member

Agree. Good game, lousy culture. The social media bragging is brutal.

8. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Too easy, I’m 11 for 11.

9. maumann

maumann Well-Known Member

They should make a copy editor's edition. One of the letters should be incorrect or transposed.

10. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

11. lakefront

It can be made harder, you have to use green letters every time.

12. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

upload_2022-1-20_21-12-7.png

dixiehack and garrow like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted