1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Wordle?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lakefront, Jan 20, 2022.

1. tea and ease

tea and ease Well-Known Member

Today my usual starting word was THE word. Very surprising to watch all letters come up green in one try.

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

Big ol' 2 today. Good first word!

tea and ease and Webster like this.
  3. Matt1735

Matt1735 Well-Known Member

2 today as well

jr/shotglass likes this.
  4. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Got it in 3.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Six and sweated with one other possible answer - others may find it easy with a certain letter used earlier. Interesting when you type Wordle into the google bar - it does a "minigame" in the upper left corner. Never noticed that before.

6. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I got it in two today because my traditional first word got all but the first letter.

7. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

And my 245-day streak meets its end at Heathrow. BOLLOCKS.

8. DanOregon

FU Wordle. Jus F right off. Now if I had one more guess, I'd have gotten it - but dang, that was a bugger.

9. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I haven't checked the Wordle Bot's analysis of my guesses, but I got it in four largely because I eliminated some common letters with guesses two and three. My third guess, I had black yellow green black green. The yellow wasn't going to make a word at the end, so it had to start off which left me with one option.

10. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Got it in 5. Went symetrically from 1) no letters 2) green on the 5th 3) green on the 4th and 5th, 4) green on the 2nd through 5th to 5) solved

11. DanOregon

Wordle fairly easy today, but that NYT Connections is a bastard.

Spartan Squad likes this.
  12. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Wordle No. 1000 ... I've probably done 800+ of them, call it five minutes on average to do it, share with my sister and b.s. about it ... nearly three days of my life doing this silly little game.

Draft saved Draft deleted