1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Wordle?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lakefront, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Brian J Walter

Brian J Walter Well-Known Member

Also four. And my fourth guess was just that; nothing else possibly left spelled a word of any kind.

And my streak is up to 9! (Actually, roughly 550, but it has reset on me three times. My stats are back now, though, so my longest recognized streak is 216.)

2. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

I by sheer luck got it in three.
    YYBBB
    GBYGY
    GGGGG

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know where I went wrong today. I thought about the last word - went with another one. I'm sure some are wondering if the answer is a real word.

4. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

I'm one of the some

5. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

6 today. Tough one.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Is it at least a real word?

Webster likes this.
  7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Took my six today as well.

8. Spartan Squad

My starter word got me two letters and my "why the hell, I'll try it" word just eliminated positions of those letters. My third "well if those letters don't go here, how about here" word was the answer.

The Wordle Bot didn't score me very high on skill (still a 91, but my second guess was an 82), but I did pretty good on luck.

9. Webster

Another 6 today where I got lucky on my last guess. I thought that I had three possible guesses after my 4th word (GGGBB), decided to use my 5th guess on a random word with those letters and didn’t realize that there was one more possible guess. So I had GGGGB after my 5th with two choices and chose the right one.

10. Spartan Squad

My second guess left me with GBGGY which left me with two to choose from and I guessed correctly.
    BBBGB
    GBGGY
    GGGGG

11. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

Fuck today's Connections. That is all.

12. Webster

I thought it was cute and got it without any mistakes. Knew the first two pretty quickly and got the third one without knowing the real meaning.

Draft saved Draft deleted