1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

What's the Wordle?!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lakefront, Jan 20, 2022.

1. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Got lucky on my fifth guess. None after one. One yellow. Two green. Two green. Solve

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

today's was a bastard. I always hate when you have to burn an extra letter on a guess. Five.

Now NYT Connections, you bastards - I've never heard one of once of the "answers" used in connection with one of the "groups." But I guess I learned something new. It also really sucks when they have "answers" that have differing contexts within a group.

tea and ease likes this.
  3. Spartan Squad

You talking about the blue category? I never would have gotten it if that wasn’t the last category I had. The other three were straight forward, which helped.

tea and ease likes this.
  4. Spartan Squad

[][];)[];)
    :D:D:D:D:D

I got really lucky today.

5. John

John Well-Known Member

Things like that have been happening more recently. There was one on Olympic events several weeks back and five of the words could have worked.

6. DanOregon

WORDLE ALERT! That is all. Got in six.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Took me 5.

8. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Took me 5. That’s after I messed up yesterday.

9. Spartan Squad

Did it in four. Third guess was just trying to get one letter out of the way and ended stumbling on to the answer.

ALONE
    QUEST
    FERRY
    REFER

10. DanOregon

Got the last two in two, then nothing, nothing, nothing until it was I was hoping the only other possibility. Really nothing worse than not "learning" anything on consecutive tries. Except going three guesses with no new letters.

11. Spartan Squad

I always wondered how the NYT makes sure to get all the words for Spelling Bee while omitting obscure, proper nouns, curse words, epithets and British spellings. Apparently it’s a group who piece each puzzle together. And today the group had to admit they forgot an obvious word.

12. DanOregon

Is it cheating to use an on-line dictionary? I was down to my last guess after having the first three letters. It literally was the only word that would have fit.

Draft saved Draft deleted