1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

whitlock leaves page 2 for aol sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by HoopsMcCann, Sep 22, 2006.

1. Left_Coast

Left_Coast Active Member

How about Scoop?

2. Good luck with the new gig Jason.

Very nice work on the interview on both ends. Good questions and good candid answers.

I do have a question and a suggestion - Jason mentioned Jay Lovinger and I'm curious what Jay is doing these days. I really enjoyed his poker columns and I know his book is out (though I haven't read it yet). Is Jay back as an editor at Page 2? Anybody know what he's currently doing? He'd make an interesting interview subject.

Again - good luck Jason

3. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Lupica is an insecure, mean-spirited busybody.

Like we needed Jason to tell us that.

4. shockey

shockey Active Member

no, but when does someone have the jewels to put his name on a swipe like that, aimed at "the little unit?" bravo. 8) 8) 8)

5. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

I've had AOL as long as I've had Internet service and I didn't know they HAVE a sports department. Sometimes I see a sports story teased on the welcome page, but I don't think I've ever clicked on it.

I like a lot of what Whitlock says about race. I've read more black history and literature than probably most white people and before I got married I had black roommates who didn't listen to rap at all. They're both better educated than I am and far more sophisticated than me musically. They liked jazz that I found unlistenable because it was way too much work to listen to it. They seemed to view rap the way I viewed commercial country music that the local station played during the 1970s -- not real, a caricature, a stereotype. Being a bit of a hick myself, I wondered if our Southern counterparts were quite that simple-minded and I thought the music was mostly a joke.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I know bagging on Scoop is easy. That said, I loved this ...

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Great interview... The Big Lead is a tremendous site...

Wherever Whitlock goes, I'll read him...

My only issue with that Q&A was that he lumped Bill Simmons in with Ralph Wiley and Hunter S. Thompson...

8. shockey, are you starting to understand why the streets of kc are so clean and safe? spare the rod, spoil the child.

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Best of luck, over there.

10. Columbo

Columbo Active Member

Love Whitlock.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

In an effort to bury the hatchet - or at least holster the pimp hand - I send Mr. Whitlock my fondest congratulations for the very funny interview, and my earnest best wishes on the new job.

12. you're way too sensitive, dude. there ain't no hatchet to bury. we disagreed on something. that's it. i play rough, dude, especially with people with anonymous handles.

Draft saved Draft deleted