1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Who you have been wrong about?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Columbo, Dec 8, 2006.

1. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

Berard was dumb as a bag of hammers, no doubt. But that ain't necessarily a bad thing, and I've known plenty around the rinks who weren't exactly Phi Beta Kappa in the classroom but were dynamic and brilliant hockey players.

When I saw Christian Dube and Pavel Rosa at the Memorial Cup in Hull (1997), I figured both were destined for NHL superstardom. Uhhh, yeah right.

2. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Harold "The Show" Arceneaux, I thought he would have a decent pro career.
    DaJuan Wagner also looked like a for sure future All-Star. What ever happened to his career any way.

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I thought Mike McMahon was going to be the answer for the Lions.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

It could be worse. You could be an Eagles fan who booed at the selection of McNabb over Williams.

5. Pancamo

Pancamo Active Member

Wagner developed colitis and had his colon removed. Was released by Golden State in November.

Thought Michael Westbrook would be a star.
    Leaf-star
    Never thought Walter Berry would amount to anything.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I'll admit it. I didn't like the Steelers' decision to trade up to select a smallish strong safety with a history of concussions in the 1st round of the draft.

Not that I mind Troy Polamalu proving me wrong on a regular basis.

7. RokSki

RokSki New Member

I was wrong about this year's Lakers. I thought they were going to suck. Phil Jackson can coach.

8. Chuck~Taylor

The secret formula to Phil Jackson's success is...*drumroll*.....

To sit back. And chill.

P.S. Same goes with Jim Torre.

9. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

And when that doesn't work... it doesn't hurt to have the best players either. Funny how it correlates with when they have won.

10. Chuck~Taylor

Yeah but you got to give him some credit for taking that Lakers team to the playoffs and almost knocking out the Suns last year.

11. WS

WS Member

anyone remember the hype Felipe Lopez, the 6'5 SG got when he arrived at St. John's? I think he ended up an average 4-year college player and didn't make the league

12. fever_dog

fever_dog Active Member

yep, the lakers sure do have all the best players. they start smush parker, luke walton and kwame brown ... and are 14-6.

Draft saved Draft deleted