1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Why does Bruce Willis suck now?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by TheSportsPredictor, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Malkovich lost all of his money to Bernie Madoff. That kinda puts him in a different boat than many other stars with regard to doing schlock to cash in.

The king of doing that is Michael Caine, who is utterly unapologetic about it. His view is that he'd rather make good films, but that he's an actor. If he's not working and someone waves a big check to play a role, he'll take the job. Seems sensible to me, especially considering the size of the checks.

cyclingwriter2 and sgreenwell like this.
  2. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

Didn't Caine have one of the great quotes of all-time about being absent from the Oscars where he won for "Hannah and her Sisters" b/c he was shooting one of the worst films ever, "Jaws The Revenge?" Something on how he was disappointed not to be there to win the award but he really likes the vacation home he bought with the Jaws sequel check.

sgreenwell likes this.
  3. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

Even better than how you phrased it, haha: "I have never seen it, but by all accounts it is terrible. However, I have seen the house that it built, and it is terrific."

Webster, SFIND, swingline and 4 others like this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Caine classes up everything he's in. If he's in a shitty movie, you can bet he's the best thing in it.

sgreenwell likes this.
  5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Blame It on Rio even? Geez what a horrible movie. How does a Larry Gelbart penned, Stanley Donen directed movie go so wrong?

6. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I'm sure some here, like me, have seen BIOR about 3-4 times and don't really care what it's about. I didn't buy Playboy for the articles.

7. BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo

BYH 2: Electric Boogaloo Well-Known Member

The girl who made us all think dirty thoughts in Blame It On Rio married which big league power hitter?

8. mpcincal

mpcincal Well-Known Member

Matt Williams

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

A poor man's Monroe and Joe Dimaggio.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

11. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Bruce Willis, who is guaranteed one win during awards show season.

garrow and TheSportsPredictor like this.
  12. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

Out of Death?

Draft saved Draft deleted