1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WHY THE HELL HASN'T MIKE RICE BEEN FIRED YET?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by shockey, Apr 2, 2013.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

The NCAA logo should be a blind eye.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

On whose payroll is Robert M Knight? And why hasn't a camera been thrust in his face for comment

3. dog eat dog world

dog eat dog world New Member

Stacks of dollars.

4. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

At one point you started wishing for someone to come on stage, tackle these guys, drag them away from the mikes.

They fucking self-immolated. Almost everything they said incriminated themselves in some way or another in the upcoming shitstorm of lawsuits.

There is a goddamn good reason why almost everybody involved in upcoming legal action says "no comment" to just about everything. Instead these guys felt compelled to spew.

5. jojoblack

jojoblack Active Member

The AD didn't go off without dropping a couple turds on the president and other administrators' lawns by emphasizing a couple times that he wanted to fire Rice right away but was basically overruled by the other suits. Prez doesn't help his feeble case by trying to hide behind the damning claim that he didn't watch the video when it was first brought to his attention. Why doesn't he just wear a jersey with "Incompetent" stitched on the back?

6. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The perfect Chris Christie moment has now been set up for him to clean house at Rutgers.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I wonder how many coaches are now scared shitless of their practice footage getting out there?

8. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

If this is true, that wouldn't be firing turds. That would be telling a simple truth that needs to be told.

And if that is indeed what happened, the president and the others need to go too.

9. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

A lot of them should be.

10. jojoblack

jojoblack Active Member

I totally agree. I guess our definition of dropping turds just differs slightly.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I would love to see and hear the video from Coach K's practices. Based on what people say about his practices is that he is just about the most vulgar person on the planet.

Then again, there is a big difference between swearing and using hate speech, but if calling players "pussies" is considered hate speech, then there might be a lot of coaches who would be in trouble.

12. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Boeheim said on PTI the other day that the language of coaches is nothing to be proud of -- at practice or in the locker room during games. But there's a line you don't cross. And Rice obviously crossed it.

My brother used to be a high school basketball coach (he's now an AD) and I've seen him many times during games and in practices. And his language can be/is quite colorful. But he never crossed the line Rice did. My mom would go to all of his games and sit behind the bench. Early on, she would go across to the other side of the gym because she hated the language he was using. And it took more than a few sit-downs by him with her to get across that despite the language, it's nothing personal, it's a way to get their attention. But going Mike Rice/Bob Knight -- those are dark days of coaching and are obsolete in this day and age.

Draft saved Draft deleted