1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wild night for Alabama preps

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by dixiehack, Aug 26, 2023.

1. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Wow. New Jersey preps. Does St. Benedict's compete in football? For someone who doesn't live there and doesn't care about high school sports, I care about NJ high school sports more than I should.

2. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

St. Benedict's does not play football. NJ high school coverage: New Jersey High School Sports - NJ.com

3. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Not a Joisey expert but Don Bosco is the gold standard.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

Not this year, 2-4.

5. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

For some reason, BC recruited football players from New Jersey very well. Probably a Catholic thing.

6. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Snitches get stitches, at least metaphorically.

https://www.gadsdentimes.com/story/...ark-obryant-94-7-win-cedar-bluff/71181109007/

7. dixiehack

Oh, so top athletes don’t randomly have all their families get apartments at the beach? Whodathunkit?

Sure is darn inconvenient now that the historically mediocre Dolphins are now No. 1 in their classification. And amazing how all this bad luck seems to follow Mark Hudspeth, who got bounced from ULL for NCAA violations and Cannes at Austin Peay due to personal misconduct.

https://www.wkrg.com/news/exclusive...hores-athletes-families-ahsaa-to-investigate/

8. dixiehack

FYI, St. Michael’s is where Phillip Rivers went to coach.

9. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Jackie Smith says no catch.

swingline and HanSenSE like this.
  10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

For what its worth, nothing I have heard involves Dilfer. They were put on probation last year over the recruiting of a girl's basketball player, and then were caught on two football players recruited this year. I'm not saying nothing was going on, just that I have not seen anything in the press about it. Wealthy private schools (and public schools, for that matter) playing recruiting games is nothing new.

12. dixiehack

Draft saved Draft deleted