1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Will Honda buy Harley Davidson?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by ifilus, Jun 22, 2007.

1. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ride free Willie G. I have a Harley t-shirt with that slogan on it somewhere.

Hey, if Honda does buy it they can't screw it up as bad as AMF did can they?

2. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

You are not taking into account the intangible of wanting what you can't have. Take off the economist's hat for a sec.

Harley shoots for about a one-year wait. Several years ago, that pushed out to 18 months. It's part of why they expanded their assembly operations in York, Pa.

More recently, demand has slipped, and they're slowing down production, IIRC. They had flooded, relatively speaking, the marketplace.

They know what they're doing.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Outstanding.

4. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Absolutely, they know what they're doing. That's why I don't think Honda has much of a chance, here. They're doing just fine by making their paying customers wait a year for a product. I can't think of another company that could make it by doing that -- maybe a product like a Bentley or Rolls, or something extremely high-end lke that.

Draft saved Draft deleted