1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Winning Time: The Rise of the Lakers Dynasty

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scout, Mar 6, 2022.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Walt Frazier’s 36-19-7 would like a word.

2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

At least highlights from that game show him actually touching the ball (what else are you going to show after Reed's first two baskets)?

3. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

First NBA Finals to start on Memorial Day was 1985, the Memorial Day Massacre at the Garden. For many years, the expanded box score example in the AP Stylebook was that 148-114 disaster that thankfully turned out correctly. First NBA Finals to tip in June was 1987.

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Fuckin' Wedman going 11 for 11.

5. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

My friends and I were so depressed after that game. Coming off the disaster of 1984, then getting trounced like that it was like, "Not again." Thankfully it wasn't.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Celtics had that Massacre and its predecessor, the 1982 Mother's Day Massacre in which they beat the Sixers 121-81 in Game One of the conference finals. Boston lost both series.

7. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

55-year-old Dr. J huffing and puffing up and down the court.

Webster likes this.
  8. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

It’s a little silly how Westhead was a constant weak-kneed doofus and Riley was a genius from the get go.

garrow likes this.
  9. Jake from State Farm

Jake from State Farm Well-Known Member

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

This show hopefully makes people really-re-evaluate Kareem. Between ages 36-40 never played less than 78 games in a season. Played the most demanding position against some of the best centers in the history of the game.

11. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

He's No. 3 for me, behind Jordan and LeBron. I could be convinced to raise him to No. 2.

12. da man

da man Well-Known Member

I’ll take Wilt.

Draft saved Draft deleted