1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WNBA thread… 28.5 ain’t your pay cut

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Scout, Apr 15, 2024.

Tags:
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We send two bobsled teams to the Winter Olympics, why can't we send two women's basketball teams?

sgreenwell likes this.
  2. sgreenwell

sgreenwell Well-Known Member

This would be fascinating and fun! The U.S. would also benefit from this in gymnastics in recent years, according to my wife, where we've been so deep some years that we could have swept the team podium.

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Bobsled, like track and swimming, is a solo to small-team (think relays) sport. Apples and coconuts.

4. DanOregon

It would still be awesome with some of the personal rivalries developing in the WNBA. Team Nike vs. Everybody else.

5. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

My fraternity had a great Hardyball (intramural 7-man razzle-dazzle touch football) team when I was at Three Chopt Tech. Very hard, if not impossible, to get any PT.

So my senior year, a bunch of us scrubs got permission to start a second Pike team, the Nads. All backups who had no chance of playing with the A team. We ended up going 7-1 in league play, making the playoffs, winning our first playoff game against the Pike's biggest rivals before getting destroyed by the A team in the semifinals.

The A team easily won the title, we lost by a point in the third-place game. One of my best and most fun experiences in athletics.

6. DanOregon

The Nads? hahahaha

7. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Every intramural league in every college in existence has had a team called the Nads.

maumann likes this.
  8. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Which got really awkward at Bryn Mawr.

2muchcoffeeman likes this.
  9. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

Yep. I was also a career Nad on our fraternity basketball team.

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

11. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

Even in the Olympic break we cannot escape CC.

12. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

CC, water back
    One tequila sunrise
    One for my aching head
    The other for my bloodshot eyes

Draft saved Draft deleted