1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst professional sports town in America

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, May 4, 2007.

?

This has to do with the public fan intelligence, the support for the teams...anything not including

1. New York

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  2. Los Angeles

20 vote(s)
    19.2%
  3. San Fran

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Baltimore-Washington

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  5. Chicago

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  6. Atlanta

52 vote(s)
    50.0%
  7. Dallas/FW

13 vote(s)
    12.5%
  8. Denver

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  9. Detroit

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  10. Miami

22 vote(s)
    21.2%
  11. Minneapolis-St Paul

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  12. Philly

21 vote(s)
    20.2%
  13. Phoenix

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  14. Cleveland

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  15. Houston

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  16. Seattle

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  17. Pittsburgh

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  18. St. Louis

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  19. Tampa

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  20. Cincinnati

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  21. Kan City

6 vote(s)
    5.8%
  22. San Diego

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  23. Milwaukee/Green Bay

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  24. Charlotte N.C.

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  25. Indianapolis

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  26. New Orleans

4 vote(s)
    3.8%
  27. Buffalo

3 vote(s)
    2.9%
  28. Nashville

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  29. San Antonio

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  30. Jacksonville

9 vote(s)
    8.7%
  31. Memphis

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  32. Orlando

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  33. Portland

7 vote(s)
    6.7%
  34. Sacramento

2 vote(s)
    1.9%
  35. Salt Lake

8 vote(s)
    7.7%
  36. Columbus

11 vote(s)
    10.6%
  37. Raleigh

5 vote(s)
    4.8%
  1. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

Did this guy just hear that Clemens is going to the Yankees?

Seriously, I know a Red Sox fan who rolled his eyes when he saw ESPN's Clemens coverage today. He made the argument that ESPN believes there's only one MLB team, and that's the Yankees. "If this were the Astros, they would have stopped talking about this 10 minutes ago. If this were the Red Sox, they would have stopped talking about this 10 minutes ago."

Yeah, because ESPN totally ignores the Red Sox. And we all know that Clemens going home to Boston would have been LESS of a story than what happened today.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I'm from the river Don. It's not the Charles, but we like it just fine.

Your conniption is getting out of control.

3. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

So the Red Sox fan isn't allowed to say anything?

4. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

the old fart is getting $18 mill for the rest of the season. anyone wanna bet he doesn't make any less/more than $2 mill a win?

for those of you who are horrifically stupid -- yawn, jvd -- clemens won't win more than nine games this season. that's my over/under.

5. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

The only thing out of control here is the dick-stroking happening by people who think they know everything because they follow sports teams that are in small markets. You guys fucking revel in liking unpopular teams, just like the nerdy little fuck in high school who only listened to bands that had printed fewer than 1,000 CDs. Congratulations, OK? You're better than I am. You're a better baseball fan because your team doesn't have a lot of money? Happy? Can we stop with the ignorant and insulting generalizations now?

6. CapeCodder

CapeCodder Member

Easy LJB--now who's the one getting worked up, son? But it's helpful. Since you're from the South, I'll try and use shorter words from now on.

7. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

i like it when you get worked up mert. ... at someone other than me.

8. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

No, he can speak his peace. I just don't have to agree with it. Being flyover country certainly shapes my opinion, which is nowhere near his.

9. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

But it seems you wholeheartedly agree with him. Do you not? The Yankees get too much coverage? Isn't that what he thinks? But of course, because he wears a Sox cap, agreeing with him is like agreeing with a chimp, right? ::)

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Check out what the SoSH jackwipes are saying about Clemens.

Cape Codder, don't you know we love it when you book learners come down here and help us with our lessons and our ciphering. I'm as ready as I've ever been. Bring it. I'll bring the banana pudding pie, bitch.

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Do I have to have a mullet? Or can I just fuck my cousin and have that be enough?

12. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

I believe that the Yankees AND Red Sox get too much attention. My co-worker believes that ESPN is only in love with the Yankees, and thus made a bigger fuss about today's signing than had he signed with Boston, which I believe would have actually been a bigger story for good reason. My co-worker disagrees.

What I'm saying is, we disagree on two points. And I don't disagree because he's a Sox fan. I disagree because I don't believe it myself.

Draft saved Draft deleted