1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Worst Run PRO Sports Franchise

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Firstime Caller, Jun 22, 2006.

1. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I've been waiting for somebody to mention them. They have Chris Bosh and Charlie Villaneuva which is great, but they have been horrible in the front office.

2. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I nominate the Blackhawks....its a disgrace that their home games aren't on tv.

3. Like I've said before, I'm not a huge hockey fan, but, considering how bad the Hawks are now, maybe it's a blessing in disguise that, at least for now, they're home games aren't on TV. ;)

4. DyePack

DyePack New Member

It's tempting to say the Cubs, but in reality, it's a great business plan. They don't have to worry about quality, and they know they'll rake in the dough.

I think I'd pick the Cleveland Brownturds No. 1 and the Houston Texans at No. 2. The Brownturds have botched nearly every high draft pick. Their only saving grace is some good and potentially good free agent signings.

The Texans made a colossal mistake by not taking Bush at No. 1. Add that to their misguided attempt to justify taking Tony Boselli No. 1 in the expansion draft, and you have a team with no concept of what it's doing.

5. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Oh, you said PRO sports franchise. My bad. I'm quite certain the Hawks are amateurs

6. mapFanatic

mapFanatic Member

Don't forget, Wirtz, I am certain, is, or was recently, paying just to have the Blackhawks aired on the radio. And I remember him raising ticket prices rather high several times while, at the same time, trading away and dispmantling a damn good team in the 1990s.

7. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

I don't know. I'm still going to wait for this Marvin Williams thing to work out. He showed some signs of being a great player last year.

8. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

The New Orleans Saints have got to be high up on the list...the only thing that saved them from getting the title outright is that they've had an amazing offseason (getting Sean Payton, Drew Brees and Reggie Bush). Course Tom Benson had to show his true colors by complaining that big businesses weren't buying enough luxury boxes in the Superdome...never mind that those businesses you're griping about are trying to get back on their feet after Katrina so they don't have a lot of spare dough lying around.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Don't know that I'd put them at the top of the list, but the Portland Trailblazers absolutely belong in the discussion.

10. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

well put. bob pulford is a disgrace. him and wirtz will burn.

11. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

I was tempted to say the Raptors, but they took a big step forward out of the basement with their new GM

12. Oh my god, Tyler, that's amazing! Or perhaps, knowing Benson, not so amazing. I kept on hearing how in the bright, happy recovery mode stories that the Superdome seats were actually nearly sold out just to season ticket holders. But that complaining about the suites not being bought up by the businesses is shameless and disgusting. Okay, that definitely vaults them to the top of the football list. After all, is Brees shoulder solid? He could be a bust. And Bush is just one knee blowout away ... and this is the Saints.

Draft saved Draft deleted