1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, when you think it can't get any stupider. Bush strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 18, 2006.

1. trounced

trounced Active Member

John McCain shouldn't be used in the same sentence with right wingers, other than to say that he might as well be a democrat.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Vigorous debate? When is name-calling and shouting each other down considered vigourous debate? I'm not saying all political talk should be conducted using Robert's Rules, but it shouldn't be done like Around the Horn either.

3. Ever watch the British or Canadian houses of commons?

4. Now, THIS is a vigorous debate.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2006/07/18/AR2006071801373.html?sub=AR

5. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Yeah, there's a lot of dignity in playing hide the salami with a cigar and cum stains on the Oval Office carpet.

6. cortez

cortez Member

But he can eat with his mouth closed

7. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Not only the left wing Greek chorus is against Bush, even your fellow pointy headed right wingers are uniting against W.

Join us, Lyman, at least until Hillary is in the Oval Office.

8. Ace --
    Please, god, no.
    Making wingnut heads explode isn't worth it.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

What are you good ol' righties doing for you these days? Running up debt, increasing government exponentially

Hell, you boys put Republicans in charge of everything and they act like Democrats. That must really taste like piss in your Corn Flakes.

10. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

It's OK, Fenian. I've got a bunch of paper towels to sop up the mess.

11. Jones

Jones Active Member

Lyman, I thought the "hysteria versus non-chalance" and the World War III line was pointing the way to the middle ground, but you know, you can read what you want to read.

And I'm not sure what I said that was smug. But of course, suddenly bringing Quebec into this debate is true to your recent form. I think it's called the bait-and-switch, but I'm not well versed in venomous Internet political debate.

Which is why I should have stayed out of this thread in the first place, and why I'm leaving it now.

Good luck with everything, but my money's on China.

12. Of course, the Straight Talk Express seems to be hitting some bumps, too.
    http://www.editorandpublisher.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1002875570

Draft saved Draft deleted