1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Wow, when you think it can't get any stupider. Bush strikes again

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JayFarrar, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

I liked that he didn't even know who the head of the Southern Baptist Convention was, though. Ermp.

2. If and when he needs a couple of million votes, he'll know the guy's name. He'll slow-dance with him in Macy's window at high noon.

3. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Yes, but he'll grit his teeth all the while. W would do the reach-around.

4. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Yeah, but that's only because you dig the Asian chicks.

5. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

Truth sometimes has a bias Lyman, you tard.

6. Point of Order

I missed this one. Can you please point me to some documentation? I'm keeping a list.

7. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

The next chart low should come when President Luddite vetoes the stem-cell bill . . . . further exposing the gulf between the
    educated adults, and the yahoos . . .

8. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

You may be thinking of when he asked the blind reporter why he was wearing shades indoors ....

9. The hell he will.
    if he can make nicey-nice with the people who slandered his wife and daughter, and walk back the only compelling public speech he's ever made in his life, he'll buy Richard Land dinner and a movie. There is literally nothing this guy wouldn't do to be president, including sell out his family.

10. dog428

dog428 Active Member

Or you could be thinking about both ...

http://www.forbes.com/home/feeds/ap/2006/05/09/ap2732214.html

Bush visited with some waiting in a courtyard where Frank Sinatra's "Young At Heart" played on the loudspeakers, then he went indoors where people were looking over the laptops. He walked around giving handshakes and hugs to those who rose for his entrance, and greeted a man who remained sitting in a wheelchair with, "You look mighty comfortable."

11. Point of Order

It's really quite discomforting when Newt Gingrich has to serve as the voice of reason for conservatives. Newt sounded genuinely engaged on Meet The Press Sunday. Still, considering his past record of partisanship, I find this disturbing.

12. But, of course, on the whole World War III thing, he's nuts.

Draft saved Draft deleted