1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

WTH is happening in Pittsburgh?

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Inky_Wretch, Jan 17, 2018.

1. spikechiquet

spikechiquet Well-Known Member

I understand being short and sweet for a Tweet...uhhh "Post" ... but the lack of capitalization makes me wonder what was learned while there.

jr/shotglass likes this.
  2. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

It actually isn’t a bad piece, and is geared towards an audience that, shall we say, isn’t exactly on the subscription rolls of In These Times. But the whole concept of a grant-supported Ivy Leaguer dropping into town for a few weeks as a “striker” feels novel to say the least.

3. Readallover

Readallover Active Member

Haven't seen much about this in recent weeks. Is it over?

4. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

All over but the shouting

5. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

6. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

https://www.semafor.com/article/10/15/2023/journalists-union-seeks-reporters-sources-emails-in-lawsuit

7. wicked

wicked Well-Known Member

There were a couple editors at one of my former stops who purportedly enjoyed sleeping with interns.

I mean, you do you. But the grooming ain't a good look.

8. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

9. Readallover

At least one picketer crossed the line and went back to work. And the strike has dropped off the radar, been a while since Poynter or E&P reported on the strike.

10. Readallover

11. HackyMcHack

HackyMcHack Member

matt_garth and HanSenSE like this.
  12. cake in the rain

cake in the rain Active Member

All these stories are deliberately vague about the exact number of Guild workers remaining on strike.

I.e.: How many are actively on strike? Take away those who never left work, those who crossed long ago, those who have found other jobs and moved away from Pittsburgh...how many are left?

(Very few)

Readallover likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted