1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

You know that you're old school if you can....

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by boots, Jun 3, 2007.

1. boots

boots New Member

When you could buy a TV from Sears or J.C. Penney with pride?

2. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Remember when Sears had their less expensive version of the Atari 2600, which was compatable with all the 2600 games. Plus Sears had their own versions of the games for the 2600 as well.

3. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

When your small town did not have a McDonalds so your Friday night treat with the parents was driving 20 miles to a restaurant with giant yellow "M" arches along with red, yellow and white tile inside.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

When an Espresso place was so "out there"

5. boots

boots New Member

When you could get a hamburger for 15 cents and fries for 10 cents at McDonald's.
    And while we're at it, let's not forget about the competition, Burger Chef and Gino's.

6. HC

HC Well-Known Member

.. remember watching The Jackie Gleason Show with the June Taylor Dancers.
    .. watching The Red Skelton Show
    .. watching The Pig and Whistle, Tommy Hunter and Don Messer's Jubilee (for Canucks)
    .. remember going to the Pacific Coliseum on your first date to see Nazareth's "Razamataz" tour and smoking your first doob that night as well
    .. had bruised wrists from your Clackers
    .. remember sitting in the living room watching Elvis Presley LIVE from Hawaii via SATELLITE!

.. if the moon has never looked quite the same since the day you sat in your Grandparent's living room and watched men walk on it.

7. ...remember the DuMont network.

8. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

are you 108?

9. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Yes. But I don't look a day over 99.

10. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Ha, the Pig and Whistle! My parents used to go to the tapings all the time. My old man drank a lot in those days.

11. boots

boots New Member

Watching Speed Racer and enjoying, knowing that he was going to win every race with the help of his brother, Rex Racer, better known as Racer X.
    Incidentally, there will be a Speed Racer movie released in 2008. There were photos released of the Mach 5 and it looks just like the one Speed drove. AWESOME!!!!

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Def Leppard's "Photograph" won the first 6 fights, and yes, I'm ashamed to remember this 20 years later.

Draft saved Draft deleted